By completing this course, you'll have a rock-solid understanding of all the factors that can affect your client's lash retention.
Most importantly, you'll know how to troubleshoot when things go wrong to identify the true cause of your client's lash retention disaster so you can prevent it from happening again.
- Welcome message from Joy
- Seeking correct information
- What is lash retention?
- Course Overview
Module 1 - Client Preparation
- Why preparation is key
- Why do clients need to clean their lashes?
- Will any cleanser do?
- Free lash cleanser samples
- Educating new clients before they arrive
Module 2 - Stylist Preparation
- Arriving with clean lashes + more lashing time
- How to prepare lashes using tape
Module 3 - Products
- Understanding the importance of adhesive
- How adhesive actually works
- How professionals choose adhesive
- Mixing adhesive: shaking vs vortex
- How much adhesive to use for classic & volume application
- When you need to break the rules
- How to store your adhesive
- Adhesive stock control
- Lash retention disaster stories (and how to avoid them!)
Module 4 - Stylist Technique
- Application speed - getting to the lash quicker
- How fast setting is your adhesive?
The importance of having your eyesight tested regularly
- Eyelash extension attachment techniques
- Outdated application techniques to avoid
- Knowing when to refresh your adhesive during an appointment
- Tips for efficient refills to improve retention
Module 5 - Other Factors
- How your client's hormones can affect lash retention
- How season changes affect lash retention
- How surgery can affect your client's lash retention
Module 6 - Troubleshooting Scenarios
- Scenario 1 - What causes lashes to "flick off"?
- Scenario 2 - What can cause your adhesive to thicken prematurely?
- Scenario 3 - What can cause poor retention for one eye only?
- Scenario 4 - What can cause a rapid loss of extensions?
- Scenario 5 - Tips for persuading clients to clean their lashes
- Scenario 6 - What can cause gaps in the lash line?
- Scenario 7 - How to troubleshoot with clients
Module 7 - The Client Series
A series of tutorials designed to be shared with clients to assist with education.
- Why you need to cleanse your lashes regularly
- How to cleanse your lashes
- How to prepare for your lash appointment
- 5 simple aftercare tips to improve retention
- 5 mistakes lash wearers make that can cause poor retention
- Why you need lash refills
- Makeup removers compatible with eyelash extensions