Using fresh Lash Adhesive is one of the most important components of running a successful Lash Business with happy (and returning) clients.
After all, it doesn’t matter how full you make your sets, what brand of lashes you use, or how awesome your lash photography skills are ...
If your lash adhesive isn’t at its optimum strength then your client’s lashes won’t last and if that keeps happening then unfortunately neither will your business.
Harsh, but it’s a reality.
So, if you’re determined to make sure your business succeeds then you’ll want to make sure that not only are you using the correct adhesive for your environment but that you’re also correctly storing that adhesive so it’s at its optimum strength each time you use it.
Our Pro Tips for Correct Lash Adhesive Storage:
Unopened Lash Adhesive:
- Store upright in a small airtight container with silica/oxygen absorber sachets (Systema make great containers in a variety of sizes and are easily purchased at Woolworths, Coles etc)
- Always store the adhesive on its own, not with any other products as these may carry ingredients that degrade your adhesive (for example high alcohol-based lash primers)
- Unopened adhesive bottles can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 months from purchase
- Keep your lash adhesive away from temperature fluctuations, high temperatures in particular (over 27 degrees celsius)
- Keep your lash adhesive away from direct sunlight (drawer or cupboard is suitable, or in the fridge until ready to open)
- Always rotate when new stock arrives - First in, first out (FIFO)
- Do not use your lash adhesive if it has been stored for longer than 3 months (it's not worth the risk of having to do countless free refills, potentially losing clients, all for the sake of saving $50 to replace your adhesive)
Important: Once your bottle of Lash Adhesive has been opened it CANNOT go back in the fridge as the severe temperature fluctuations cause condensation to build up on the inside of the bottle which will degrade the adhesive much faster and cause it to lose strength which results in poor lash retention.
Opened Lash Adhesive:
- Continue to store in a small airtight container with silica/oxygen absorbers, however in a cool dark drawer or cupboard instead of the fridge
- Keep away from high temperatures (above 27 Degrees Celsius)
- A thermos cup can be ideal for maintaining a consistent temperature
- Ensure lid is clean and on tight after each use. Using Adhesive Wipes work very well to keep the nozzle clean and unblocked.
- Do not store with ANY other products (primers, cleansers, etc) as they often contain ingredients that can polymerize the lash adhesive. Just remember that Lash Adhesive does not have friends (except for the lashes!)
- For optimum strength, replace your lash adhesive every 30 days regardless of how many times it has been used
- Always have a fresh back up bottle ready to go in case of an emergency (don't get caught out with postal delays etc - no glue means no business!)
- Don't make the mistake of trying to save money by stretching your adhesive's shelf life as it could cost you more in lost clients, free refills etc.
We hope you find our tips on Adhesive Storage useful!
Read also our blog post about which LashJoy adhesive is right for you if you're unsure which formula is best for your environment and application style.
If you have questions we're here to help so feel free to get in touch with us via email or direct message.
If you're wanting to learn more about adhesives and all of the other factors that affect lash retention, check out our Lash Retention 101 Online Course.