Our Academy Hygiene Procedures
(Updated May 2021)
Whilst maintaining impeccable hygiene standards has always been a top priority for us, given the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic I'd like to take the opportunity to provide an update on the precautions we’re currently taking to provide a safe and hygienic environment for our staff, students, models and customers visiting LashJoy HQ.
- All eyelash extension tools such as tweezers are properly cleaned after every appointment which involves scrubbing in warm soapy water, followed by soaking in hospital grade disinfectant for the appropriate time, rinsed, dried and wiped with an alcohol swab right before next use.
- All Lash Stylists, Students and Educators wear N95 approved face masks during every appointment. If you would like to wear a mask during your appointment, please ask us upon arrival.
- All equipment used by our Stylists such as lights, stools, etc is cleaned using alcohol wipes after every appointment. (Extra time has been added in between bookings to allow for this)
- All staff have been trained to use hand sanitiser regularly.
- In addition to wearing protective gloves during each appointment, our Stylists are trained to thoroughly wash their hands immediately prior and after your service.
- Full-length disposable bed roll covers are used on every bed and are changed after every client.
- No blankets will be used so please ensure you dress warm enough (we have disposable blankets available at a small additional cost if required)
- High traffic areas such as front door, reception desk and waiting area are being sanitised frequently throughout the day.
- We will now be asking every client upon arrival to wash their hands, face and eyelashes at our provided sink prior to commencing their appointment.
- All of our in-person lash and brow course capacities have been reduced from 8 students maximum to 4-6 students maximum to meet social distancing requirements.
- We run a High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter 24/7 in the salon which performs similarly to those used to keep the air clean in hospital operating rooms. Our InovaAir air purifier has Certified medical-grade HEPA filtration 99.97% @ 0.3 microns -tested down to 0.003 microns at 100% efficiency.
Arriving at Your Appointment
To help ensure the health & safety of all visitors and staff some adjustments have been made to LashJoy Academy's policies and procedures, please take a moment to review them below.
- Sanitise your hands using the provided hand sanitiser before you proceed to the counter to check-in.
- Check-in using the QR code at our reception desk.
- Maintain social distance of 1.5m at all times while onsite.
- We will ask you to complete a new client form to ensure that all of your details are up to date.
- No friends or family members are permitted to attend with you, due to social distancing requirements.
- You will be directed to wash your hands and eyes at the basin before your treatment.
- Prepayment in full is preferred for all services to minimise contact and reduce congestion at reception.
- Unfortunately at this time, we can no longer accept any cash payment.
To Our Valued Clients
We kindly ask for everyone’s safety if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any cold or flu symptoms, please do not enter our salon. You can phone, text or email us and we will happily reschedule your appointment.
Please note, we reserve the right to refuse service to clients who appear unwell or do not adhere to our salon policies and procedures.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 please advise us asap so that we can take appropriate action. All disclosures will be in strictest confidence.
Thank you for your understanding.
Please feel free to reach out to us at any time by phone or email if you have questions about our COVID-19 health and safety policies and procedures.