Using fresh Lash Adhesive is one of the most important components of running a successful Lash Business with happy (and returning) clients.
After all, it doesn’t matter how full you make your sets, what brand of lashes you use or how awesome your lash photography skills are ... if your lash adhesive isn’t at its optimum strength then your client’s lashes won’t last and unfortunately neither will your business.
Harsh, but it’s a reality.
So, if you’re determined to make sure your business succeeds then you’ll want to make sure not only are you using the correct adhesive for your environment, but that you’re also correctly storing that adhesive so it’s at its optimum strength each time you use it.
Here are our Pro Tips for correct lash adhesive storage:
Unopened Lash Adhesive:
- Store upright in small airtight container with silica / oxygen absorber sachets (Systema make great containers in a variety of sizes and are easily purchased at Woolworths, Coles etc).
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Keep away from temperature fluctuations, high temperatures in particular
- Keep away from direct sunlight (drawer or cupboard is suitable)
- Rotate when new stock arrives - First in, first out (FIFO)
- Do not store longer than 3 months.
Important: Once your bottle of Lash Adhesive has been opened it CANNOT go back in the fridge as the severe temperature fluctuations cause condensation to build up on the inside of the bottle which will degrade the adhesive much faster and cause it to lose strength which results in poor lash retention.
Opened Lash Adhesive:
- Continue to store in small airtight container with silica / oxygen absorbers, however in a cool dark drawer or cupboard instead of fridge.
- Keep away from high temperatures (above 25 Degrees Celsius).
- A thermos cup can be ideal for maintaining a consistent temperature.
- Ensure lid is clean and on tight after each use. The eyepad packet works well to wipe the nozzle as it won’t leave any fibre behind.
- Do not store with ANY other products (primers, cleansers, etc) as they often contain ingredients that can polymerize the lash adhesive. Just remember that Lash Adhesive does not have friends!
- Replace every 30 days.
We hope you find our tips on Adhesive Storage useful! Read also our blog post about which LashJoy adhesive is right for you!
If you have questions we're here to help so feel free to get in touch with us via email or direct message.